Bodhi is on Winter break for the next two weeks. I originally thought I would be SO stressed trying to squeeze in work with him home, but instead, I’ve decided to take the time off from work and take B on some fun adventures. Since he started preschool, we no longer get mornings together so rarely do anything fun out of the house. We used to go somewhere almost daily. We have several fun things planned.
One activity I’m so excited about is the Great RiverCentre Train Show on Dec. 28 and 29. Let’s face it. Little boys (for the most part) love trains!
The event includes:
- Model railroad displays
- Model train vendors
- Three FREE inflatables to jump in
- FREE ride-on train for the kids
- Multiple Thomas the Tank Engine play tables
- Children’s activity area
- Railroad museums and authors will have displays
- The Choo Choo Bob Show will be performing live on stage. Meet the cast members, sing along to your favorite songs and enjoy the live show.
We also plan to do some other fun activities:
- Head to Macy’s 8th floor SantaLand display downtown Minneapolis (Monday).
- Visit the Minnesota Children’s Museum (one of our favorite places).
- Go out for brunch at least once. B loves sipping hot cocoa with me at coffee shops and cafes. :)
- Meet daddy for lunch.
- Play in the snow at our park.
- Go to Mallcamerca (As Bodhi calls it. Otherwise known as Mall of America) for lunch and rides. :)
- At least a couple of play dates with friends and neighbors.
- Visit a sweet new baby in our neighborhood.
- Shop for and pack for our trip to Sri Lanka.
- A winter photo shoot (but I’ll disguise this as playing).
Do you take time off during your children’s winter breaks? Or if you don’t have kids, are you taking extra time off? What will you do! Lay in bed? Read? Everything sounds so good right now!
The Giveaway is now closed. The winner is Jenny B. Thank you to all who entered!
You can win the Choo Choo Bob holiday DVD and a four-pack of tickets to the Train Show. Just leave a comment below telling me how you plan to spend the next few days with your family. I’ll pick a winner on Monday at 5 p.m. CST. If you’re not in Minnesota, you are still eligible to win the DVD and tickets. You can give the tickets away or just accept the fun DVD.
Disclaimer: I was provided with tickets to the Train Show, but no compensation. All opinions are my own.
Choo Choo Bob photos used with permission.