We hosted our very merry cocktail party on Saturday night. You can see a few of the details in the photo above. I recreated a bit of it for today’s post. It was such a great time with friends and new neighbors. And there was most definitely a big champagne/bubbly bar to enjoy. Today I bring you the best champagne cocktail recipe ever! Yes, ever!
Premium spirits and wine company Pernod Ricard launched a new brand of vodka, ODDKA® by Wyborowa in October 2012. ODDKA is currently available in Alabama, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island, and will be expanding its national and global distribution in spring of 2013. I came up with a festive champagne cocktail using the Apple Pie flavored ODDKA vodka. Before we get to it, I wanted to share a few details about this quirky vodka.
ODDKA is available in 750 ml bottles in original, clear vodka and five unconventional flavors:
- Apple Pie: For when you desperately yearn for the sweet taste of apples and cinnamon and can’t get one of grandma’s apple pies. Mixes best with Fanta, Coke or Ginger Ale.
- Electricity: A bolt of lightning in a bottle—but safer; tickling taste buds and sparking curiosity everywhere.
- Fresh Cut Grass: Nothing beats this home-mown taste; it’s crisp, citrusy, sweet and refreshing. Mixes best with Dr. Pepper, Ginger Beer or Soda Water.
- Salty Caramel Popcorn: If ODDKA were a movie, this flavor would be a caramel comedy with a sea salt subplot and a warm, feel-good ending. Mixes best with Fanta, Ginger Ale, Coke or Iced Tea.
- Wasabi: This tribute to the spicy burn of the sharp Asian condiment will satisfy your craving for something fiery. Mixes best with Ginger Ale and is perfect for a Bloody Mary.
1 piece of candied ginger
1 shot of orange ginger simple syrup (or ginger ale if that’s easier)
The voice and inspiration of the ODDKA brand is Wit Oddoski, a virtual character in the real world. Wit was born as a 2-D line drawing, a rare condition that leads him to view the world a bit differently than others.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Oddka.