This blog has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Target #CollectiveBias
I’ve talked a lot about my journey to a healthier me in recent weeks and months. Eating a protein-packed and delicious breakfast is a part of my focus this year. Finding great easy breakfast ideas isn’t easy. I don’t have much time in mornings like most moms of little ones (and heck, like everyone, am I right?). Because to this, I often wait way too long to eat breakfast and then find myself famished causing me to overeat or eat something with less nutrition.
Today I have a great breakfast solution. And it is SO delicious. I’m sharing the easiest 5-ingredient, protein-packed coconut honey oatmeal bowl.
Oatmeal is such a great breakfast for our family. We eat it a few days a week, but we’ve been getting tired of the plain jane stuff. While oatmeal does have a bit of protein and quite a bit of fiber, I loved adding even more protein so the meal stuck with me longer. And that’s exactly what I did.
I love that this could easily be a one bowl meal. I put all of the ingredients in individual bowls, but you could easily just take things right out of the package and put them in your bowl. Perfection!
Protein packed oatmeal bowl recipe
20 grams of protein
- 1 packet Quaker® Instant Oats Original flavor
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 T honey or agave nectar
- 1 T sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter would be fine)
- Sweetened dry coconut flakes
- Microwave Quaker® Instant Oats following package directions.
- Mix honey with plain greek yogurt until smooth.
- Pour yogurt mixture onto cooked oats.
- Add sunflower seed butter.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top to taste.
- Eat as is or mix it all up for an incredibly delicious protein filled breakfast in one tasty little bowl.
And now you can enter your own recipe into Quaker’s National Bring Your Best Bowl Contest. Enter to win $250,000 – Top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in Fall 2016. The contest began in January and runs through March 12, 2016. All recipes should include two to five ingredients. Winners will be announced in November.
Target currently has Quaker® Oats on the end caps along with loads of great additions and inspiring topping ideas. This would be a great place to start.
Thank you for supporting the tasty brands that make Live the Fancy Life possible.