This post is sponsored by Ice Mountain® Sparkling Natural Spring Waters. As always, all opinions are my own.
Ice Mountain® Sparkling water is a favorite beverage of mine, just below coffee on my list. I gave up sodas a few years ago. This water gives me the refreshing fizziness I love without all of the bad stuff you find in sodas and it makes a lovely afternoon pick-me-up. Ice Mountain® Sparkling Water is made of just three natural ingredients—spring water, natural fruit essence, and bubbles! And, with no sugar or calories, it’s a great alternative for me.
Ice Mountain® Sparkling Water comes in four great flavors, lemon, lime, mandarin orange and raspberry-lime. I used Lime for today’s DELICIOUS and very refreshing recipe, but I think any of the flavors would work great.
While I prefer to drink sparkling water without anything added, I decided to create a special recipe for our neighborhood’s Driveway Happy Hour last night.
Strawberry Basil Sparkling Water is made with a lovely homemade simple syrup, fresh basil and strawberries and Ice Mountain® Sparkling Water plus a bit of ice. I had one little glass to taste-test before our guests arrived. :) See below.
Strawberry Basil Simple Syrup Recipe
- 4 or 5 large fresh organic basil leaves (more if you prefer a stronger flavor)
- 6 to 8 fresh organic strawberries (you could use conventional, but because you’re cooking and drinking this, I prefer organic)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2.5 cups of water
- Place all ingredient in a small saucepan and stir.
- Bring to a boil and stir again.
- Bring the syrup down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cover and let cool for an hour or two. For our holiday party, I left the fresh fruit in the simple syrup or four days and the flavor was infused even stronger.
- Strain into a bottle, jar or glass measuring cup and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
I poured one full cup of the syrup into my beverage dispenser. Add a few fresh strawberries and basil for appearance. Add a bit of ice and pour Ice Mountain® Sparkling water until full. Stir it just a bit and enjoy! So refreshing and just slightly sweet.
Every hump day (or Wednesdays for those who don’t know), Ice Mountain® Sparkling water is sharing some of their favorite ways to feel good and escape the midweek hump over on their Facebook page. “Like” them on Facebook for lots of great inspiration and to have a feel good moment each week.
I’ll be back next week with more about Hump Day and I’ll share a post soon about Driveway Happy Hour as a lot of you have requested details on how we make it happen in our ‘hood!
Visit the Ice Mountain® Sparkling water Facebook page for more fun.
This post is sponsored by Ice Mountain® Sparkling Natural Spring Waters and all opinions are my own.