For Halloween, as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias®, I made a Halloween dessert table complete with Blood Brew Punch, Salted caramel Snickers cupcakes and DIY cupcake toppers.
After having Bodhi, Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays. I LOVE dressing him up in cute cuddly outfits and frankly, I love sweets and have such a sweet tooth. I put together a couple of Halloween recipes including Halloween punch recipe using Hawaiian Punch and 7Up. Halloween baking is my favorite with the crisp Fall air so I also had to make a Salted caramel Snickers cupcake recipe. And my super easy DIY spider cupcake toppers add just the right amount of “spook” to this table.
I’ve wanted to host a toddler Halloween party since last fall so loved the challenge of putting together a simple and festive dessert and Halloween punch table for this post showing myself just how easy it would be to make this the main feature of a party.
I made Blood Brew punch and cupcakes for the main parts of the table. I used M&M’s in cute black and white striped baking cups as an easy second sweets option. Halloween celebrations are all about cute costumes so I thought two simple Halloween recipes would be perfect for a small gathering. Adding candy to cute cups or favor boxes is such an easy option and M&M’s are a perfect option.
I used free printables for the 4×6 Halloween signs. I made the backdrop for Bodhi’s birthday using just black ribbon and a white canvas. Such an easy option and it inspired the whole look for today’s dessert table.
I also DIY’d the spider cupcake toppers and they were SO easy. You simply hot glue store-bought spiders to a flat appetizer style wood pick and let dry.
OK, are you ready for the delicious recipes?
Snickers cream cheese frosting recipe
- 8 to 10 Frozen Snickers Fun Size candy bars
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 T butter
- 1 t vanilla
- Freeze Snickers Fun Size candy bars for 1 hour.
- Cream butter and cream cheese until soft.
- Add in 1 C powdered sugar.
- Mix on medium speed.
- Continue to add powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency (approx 4 cups of powdered sugar).
- Mix until smooth.
- Add 1 t vanilla and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place frozen Snickers Fun Size candy bars in plastic baggy (with zipper top preferred).
- Place on a cutting board.
- Use a hammer or other object to crush the candy bars.
- Mix candy bars in frosting using a spoon or spatula.
Salted caramel sauce
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 t sea salt
- Heat the butter on medium low heat until melted.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and stir with a whisk quickly and continuously for a 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and continue to stir with a whisk for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker.
- Add sea salt. Stir again.
- Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
For cupcakes, simply bake your favorite vanilla or yellow cupcakes recipe. Make Snickers cream cheese frosting recipe. Frost with a spatula. Piping it on is not an option. The snickers get stuck. Heat salted caramel sauce for 20 seconds or until runny. Drizzle it over the top of the cupcakes and let cool before putting in decorative cupcake liners.
Blood Brew punch recipe
- Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red
- Orange juice
- Pour Hawaiian Punch in large beverage container or pitcher. I used 3/4 of a bottle.
- Pour in about 3 cups of orange juice until the color of the beverage becomes “blood orange”
- Pour in 4 cups of 7Up.
- Top off with ice.
If you want to make your own Halloween recipes, we have a coupon that will help you get started.
Cupcake toppers: DIY
For more spooky fun, check out our Pinterest board.