I participated in this sponsored campaign on behalf of One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
I’ve always had bad skin. My combination skin is oily in all the wrong places and dry in others. I get breakouts fairly regularly and skip sunscreen because it makes the oily spots worse. I’m a lucky lady when it comes to pregnancy though. My skin has been incredibly clear and oil-free. My aunt swears this is because I’ve been pregnant with boys. They don’t “steal your beauty” according to an old wives tale. :) Do you believe this?
But, with all of this being said, I know that almost as soon as this little boy is born and our much-anticipated hot humid summery days begin, my skin will go back to its horrible old ways. This means I often skip sunscreen on my face since it just feels gross. This is where Simple Skincare comes in handy! The light moisturizer is my absolute favorite product. It feels so good on my skin and is oil free with SPF 15.
I’ve already tried the products out to get a sense for how they generally make my skin feel. I think this is the most important piece of the skincare puzzle.
I love the way my skin feels. I love the simple ingredients. I can’t wait to report back after baby is born too. I enjoy using the facial wipes and eye make-up pads on lazy nights and the foaming cleanser is amazing in the shower. Simple Skincare lets us busy mamas get back to living and doing instead of worrying about our skin.
In a recent Simple survey that polled women across the top 40 cities nationwide on their skincare habits, Simple found some surprising trends.
- While most women are already aware of skin-irritating behaviors to avoid, such as excessive sun exposure or a diet rich in salty foods, the survey reveals a surprising truth – that women in the top 40 cities nationwide don’t realize the wear and tear their everyday lifestyle may be having on the health and appearance of their skin.
- Nearly 9 in 10 (89%) women describe their skincare habits as “healthy,” yet their actual behaviors show there is room for improvement.
- More than a quarter (27%) report that the longest they’ve gone without washing their face is at least two days. Simple® makes implementing a cleansing regimen a cinch with gentle yet effective facial cleansers and wipes to remove grime and dirt that can clog pores and cause irritation. As a busy mom, I completely understand how tired we all are at the end of the day. That’s why I love some of the wipes.
- Fifty-nine percent (59%) are not actively trying to protect skin from environmental elements such as the sun or wind. Women can apply Simple® Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15 to help them prevent damage from sunburn (even on cloudy days). This is something I absolutely have to start making a regular habit.
- Though half of the women surveyed claim they’re striving for a healthy diet specifically to keep skin in good shape, thousands of women are missing out on certain foods that could work wonders on skin, such as Brussels sprouts (68%), walnuts (62%), salmon (57%) and avocados (56%). I knew that avocados are great for skin, but hadn’t heard about the rest.
From grit and grime to dirt and drama, city living can make all skin sensitive. That is why Simple® Skincare, a range of facial products that is sensitive to skin’s needs, is launching “Kind to City Skin” – a global initiative designed to help women understand the impact that city living – both environmental and lifestyle-related factors – can have on their faces.
The Simple® “Kind to City Skin” Campaign Hits the Road
On Monday, May 12, women in New York City are invited to stop by the “Simple® Skincare Oasis” in Times Square (Broadway and 43rd Street) from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST to receive free** Simple® products and participate in fun and good-for-skin activities, such as working out and enjoying healthy snacks. Simple® Advisory Board members will be on hand to provide personalized advice on how to adopt a holistic approach to skincare. Simple® will also be hosting interactive events in the following cities (exact locations and times will be available on http://www.simpleskincare.com):
May 17: Boston
June 1: Cincinnati
June 7: Chicago
June 14: Minneapolis
June 21: Dallas
June 28: San Francisco
July 12: Los Angeles
Starting Wednesday, May 21st, Simple® Skincare will help its social community members reveal their best skin with the #CitySkinChallenge. From mid-May until early July, Simple Skincare will tweet out one holistic skincare “challenge” per day that people can complete, like trying a new yoga pose or cooking a new healthy recipe for a chance to win daily prizes.
I’m so excited to team up with Simple Skincare to give away SIX full-size Simple® Skincare products to one lucky reader.
The products include the following: Simple Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer ($10.99); Simple Nourishing 24-Hour Day/Night Cream ($10.99); Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15 ($10.99); Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ($5.99); Simple Eye Make-up Remover Pads ($6.99); and Simple Foaming Facial Wash ($6.99).
These will be shipped directly to your home just in time for summer! Follow the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win. The winner will be randomly chosen by Rafflecopter on Monday, May 19. This giveaway is open to US readers only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway