Since Bodhi was a baby, I haven’t taken as many photos. It’s hard to chase around an active toddler trying to get good images. Last week on Tuesday, he really wanted to nap with his daddy (who was home due to a foot injury), so I took advantage. Our bedroom gets a lot of natural light. I loved spending a ton of time just focusing on my sleeping sweet boy.
I’ve been doing a better job of focusing on B on Tuesdays since I’ve taken on more work. It has given me a day with one focus, something I just can’t get any other day including the weekends and I felt so refreshed yesterday. Here is a sampling of the photos.
I hope this inspires you to get sleeping photos of your kiddos regardless of their age. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of getting sleeping shots sooner, but I know I’ll never regret taking the time to do this. As the old cliche goes, they grow up so fast.
A few quick tips for capturing nap time:
- Get as much natural light as possible. I opened the blinds after he was asleep.
- Don’t use your flash, even in low light. I think a grainy photo is better than a flash photo any day. Plus a flash will probably wake your little one.
- Try different angles to capture the sweetness of their slumber. Take a lot of photos.
- Relax, have fun and maybe even take a few moments to snuggle. I totally held B while he slept for a good half hour yesterday between pics. I also just read next to him and took some time for myself.
Have a lovely rest of your week!
- If only time stood still and a hat-loving baby Bodhi is at an age now that I LOVE! He...
- Tuesdays are for play As a working mom with only a few days of...
- Christmas-themed photo shoot and quick tips for achieving the blurred lights in your photos I rarely post on a Saturday, but was motivated by...