We’ve been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TryALittleGoodness #CollectiveBias
I have been pretty focused on healthier living since June. It’s not perfect and I still eat treats and have a pretty manageable diet, nothing too harsh, but making healthier choices and making sure I have good snacks with me really makes me feel more energetic and able to keep up with my boys.
Keeping up with these guys is definitely a task, but it’s one that’s so important, I had to take action.
In late June/early July I began running every single day. Exercise has changed me physically, but more importantly, mentally. It’s given me clarity and energy. I love fueling my days with tasty snacks that help me achieve my goals. And my number one goal is definitely having more energy, especially in the winter when the clouds and early darkness can make it hard to feel peppy.
I followed these “rules” for taking my energy level from goodness to greatness for months when I was trying to get back in shape and thought I’d share them with you.
Before I do that, I have to share this sweepstakes with you!
You can win the goodnessknows® sweepstakes by submitting a photo or quote for a chance to win one of two $500 gift cards up for grabs each week for three weeks (started yesterday, Jan. 18).
2016 #TryALittleGoodness Sweepstakes
My “rules” for healthier living:
- No eating in the car. Mindless eating is too easy in the car so only water, sparkling water and hot tea allowed for me.
- Keep snacks around that you know will help you meet your goals. If you have a sweet tooth, the goodnessknows® snack squares might be the perfect little treat to curb it until your next meal.
- When starting out, track your food and exercise in an app or on paper. I personally love using My Fitness Pal for this. It helps get a baseline and I have friends on there who help hold me accountable and encourage me.
- Exercise every day. I found that moderation (three days a week, for example) didn’t work for me. I exercise every day. It might be as simple as a 10-15 minute walk with the boys after school (bonus points if you pull them in the sled through the snow) or as vigorous as a one hour total conditioning class. Either way, make exercise a part of your daily life. I started off on my journey to fitness running only two blocks and then walking a half a mile. I was really out of shape. Those two blocks slowly became a mile, then two miles, then three daily miles with four or five miles every few weeks. Baby steps! I keep my gym bag in the car to make it easier to make good choices.
- Keep a smart choice snack in your handbag or gym bag for emergencies. I like to avoid buying things when I’m out.
If you are thinking about making a few changes to live a life with more energy, make a list of ways you can start.
I’m excited to share two inspiring prints with you today too. You could print these and put them in your exercise room if you have one or even just in a frame in front of the TV if you prefer exercise videos.
For me, making small changes really helped. I started off running just a few blocks and then walking. It grew and grew until I could comfortably run a few miles. With winter, I’m enjoying classes at the gym more than running as I prefer running outside.
Made with real fruit, dark chocolate and whole nuts in bite-size portions, goodnessknows® snack squares is one of those little things that make a big impact. goodnessknows® Cranberry, Almond, Dark Chocolate is my favorite flavor. It has just the right mix of sweet, tart and salty. These perfect little squares also come in Apple, Almond & Peanut, Dark Chocolate as well as Peach & Cherry, Almond, Dark Chocolate. Yum! You can find these by the checkout lanes at Walmart.
This post was sponsored. Thank you for supporting the delicious brands that make Live the Fancy Life possible.