This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMerrier #CollectiveBias
I’m a coffee lover through and through. I’ve been wanting to invite a few close friends over for a simple morning with coffee and dessert to celebrate the holidays in a relaxed way. I love the holiday season but it’s easy to get carried away. For this I kept it really simple. I served coffee and sea salt caramel mocha brownies (easy recipe at the end of the post) and put together a nice party favor.
Having close friends over in this way is such a rarity. I find that I only see most of my friends on play dates. It’s always with kids and it’s always just pure chaos. The idea of sitting down with three or four of my favorite ladies in peace and quiet is perfection.
Here’s how to do it.
- Tidy your house, but don’t worry too much. If you’re inviting your true friends over, it really doesn’t matter.
- Light a few candles.
- Turn on the Christmas tree lights. Set the table — a centerpiece of ornaments in a glass vase, a candle or a deer statue.
- Set out coffee mugs, a pot of coffee, cream, sugar and a small plate of treats.
- Instead of a big party favor, put a simple bow on Starbucks Via Instant Latte mix or even hot cocoa if your friends aren’t coffee lovers.
- Enjoy! Talk. Listen to music. Relax. Keep it short if life is busy, but enjoy while you’re together.
We host Christmas at our home every other year and I always do something similar for my family. I used to do too much and found myself stressed, anxious and unhappy. Now I focus on what matters. Instead of large elaborate dessert tables and coffee bars, I always have the coffee pot on with delicious coffee like Starbucks Holiday Blend and keep things out and easy to grab so everyone can help themselves.
Coffee is a comfort for me and most of my family. It’s a morning tradition and an afternoon one. It adds warmth and coziness to the coldest Minnesota days.
I also always fill everyone’s stockings when I host. This year we have my mom, grandma, grandpa, my in-laws and our family. This is the smallest Christmas we’ve had yet because of a family wedding coming up. I have Starbucks Via Instant Latte mix ready to go as a stocking stuffer for my coffee-loving family members.
We generally go through more coffee and hot cocoa this time of year because it simply adds to the magic of the season, doesn’t it?!
Fun offer for you! Get a $5 Starbucks Card e-gift when you purchase 3 or more qualifying Starbucks products.
OK, are you ready for the easiest recipe ever that sounds and looks and tastes really impressive? Here it is!
Easy Sea Salt Caramel Mocha brownies
- Boxed brownie mix of your choice
- Two individual packets of Starbucks Via Instant Latte mix. I used caramel.
- Sea salt
Directions-Don’t laugh at how easy this is. Promise?!
- Follow the package directions on your brownie mix.
- Add the Starbucks Via Instant Latte mix and stir well.
- Pour into brownie pan. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Bake as your package directions call for. Cut into tiny squares and eat all of them! ;)
I picked up my Starbucks products at Target, but of course, they are available at most stores nationwide.
This post was sponsored by Starbucks but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Live the Fancy Life possible.