I’m thrilled to have Stephanie from Spaceships and Laser Beams stopping by today to share tips for planning a baby shower. xoxo, Jessica
If “life is in the details” then you surely won’t want to miss the fun planning it takes to host a welcome to the world baby shower! Where to begin? Decide on a baby shower theme first and that will influence all of your other party decisions. How to decide on a theme? On my blog, Spaceships and Laser Beams, we specialize in parties for boys (and non-frilly girls!) so I have a lot of party suggestions. Here are a few ideas that I always reflect on to help me begin party planning.
Tips for Choosing a Baby Shower Theme
- Choose a theme by deciding if the party centers more on mom-to-be or baby. If the focus is more on pampering mom, then consider her hobbies, interests or favorites but if the spotlight is more on baby, then your theme will veer toward childhood joys, nursery rhymes or familiar characters.
- The season of the year might influence your theme choice or a favorite color combination can be a starting point. Whether you want an elegant affair or a casual gathering will impact your decision, too.
- Look at pictures of other baby showers and see what appeals to you. I’m not advocating that you replicate someone else’s idea—what fun would that be?—but seeing how decorations or dessert tables are arranged can spark your imagination.
- Once you have settled on a theme you can begin to plan on specifics for invitations, decorations, menu choices, party activities and send-home favors. At this point, decide what areas are most important to you and allocate budget amounts for each category. Don’t let a smaller than you wish for budget curtail your enthusiasm; sometimes the limitations actually inspire greater creativity and that’s where the fun is!
- New babies and new mamas are deserving of extra-nice pampering as they both enter into that special lifetime relationship of mother and child. When you host a baby shower, you’ll be creating terrific memories as well as gifting the new family. It takes planning on your part as hostess, but it is well worth the effort!
Find more baby shower specifics and visual inspiration on my blog, Spaceships and Laser Beams.
What theme would you love to see for a baby shower?
Stephanie Keeping is a wife to Mike, mom to a boy named Sam, a blogger, and an Etsy-preneur. She celebrates boyish charm at Spaceships and Laser Beams, where she talks about all things boy and birthday party. You can connect with her on Facebook, Google+,