This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOitForward #SweetSquad #CollectiveBias
Can you believe that Autumn officially arrives next week?! As someone who lives in a snowy winter state, I always feel like our beautiful Fall days fly by and winter lasts forever. So, we savor every moment of Autumn. We decorate. We celebrate! We BOO!
Before moving into our neighborhood, I had never heard of BOO’ing until the day a treat bag and a fun note arrived at our door in October. Now, I can’t imagine fall without it!
I’m so excited to share my BOO Kit setup plus a fun candy bar ghost cake pop recipe with American Greetings® and MARS candy today. We will certainly participate in our neighborhood BOO’ing, but today I wanted to share a few ideas to bring some Halloween fun to people that do so much for us. Are you ready?
- Your local police officers or firefighters.
- Waste management-we always try to catch them when they come to avoid our gift going into the big garbage truck. :)
- Mail carrier
- Shelters-you will need to contact the organization that runs the shelter first.
- Pick up everything you want to include in your Halloween BOO Kits at Walmart. Walmart is definitely a one stop shop for BOO Kit essentials. We included SNICKERS® Fun Size, M&M’S® Fun Size, TWIX® Fun Size, Skittles® Original Fun Size, STARBURST® Fun Size, Life Savers® Gummies and a homemade item. :)
- Bake or make something. We chose to make our Loaded Candy Bar Ghost Cake “Pops” without the stick.
- Put together a BOO station so that creating many BOO kits is easy!
- Lay out all of your items or if you’re doing it with friends, set it up cute like we did here. Simply use any old Halloween decorations you have and set things out in clear jars or on clear platters.
- Fill those bags! We used American Greetings® gift bags, stickers, tissue paper and more. They are super budget friendly so work very well when you are giving out many of these.
- Add a note of gratitude and print off the BOO printable from BooItForward.com from MARS company. :)
Now it’s time to BOO! Simply:
- Make a BOO Bundle.
- Secretly Deliver it.
- BOO it Forward. :)
- 6 Store-bought mini vanilla cupcakes (or make your own cake and frosting)
- Candy bars and candies. We used 3 SNICKERS® Fun Size, 2 packs of M&M’S® Fun Size, 3 TWIX® Fun Sized.
- White candy melts
- Eyeball “sprinkles”
- Place SNICKERS® Fun Size and TWIX® Fun Size in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Run candy bars through a food processor or high powered blender until crumbled a bit.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into food processor or high powered blender and blend until you have a thick dough.
- Add more M&M’S® to the mixture.
- Roll out dough mixture.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Using a ghost shaped cookie cutter, cut out your ghosts (this recipe yields about 6 large ghosts).
- Place ghosts in the freezer for 10-15 minuts.
- Warm up candy melts following package directions.
- Dip ghosts in candy melts or pour candy over the ghosts and smooth with a pastry knife.
- Add eyes.
- Let cool in refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can shop at Walmart in store or online for everything you need for this years BOO Kit!
Are you ready to get BOOing?! Start with your free printable BOO card at BooItForward.com.