I’ve mentioned over on Instagram that I am ready for the holidays. I plan to start decorating today. I know it’s early, but I love getting my home all festive and cozy. Twinkle lights make evenings feel magical and in a still-unfurnished house, our Christmas trees take up spaces where furniture should be making our home look finished. Love that!
My favorite thing to do around the holidays is sip hot cocoa or hot coffee by the fireplace while reading a book or playing a game with Bodhi. Coffee-mate’s Seasonal Flavors add a little something special to a regular coffee or hot cocoa.
Their Hot Peppermint Mocha recipe would work as a hot cocoa or for coffee. And you just have to add candy canes in the mix to make it a festive beverage for those sweet nights at home with your little one or cozy morning breakfast.
I love the feeling of the season. Winter in Minnesota is cold and snowy, but the holiday season makes it all feel so whimsical and lovely. It’s in January or February when I start finding myself dreaming of Hawaii.
A few of my favorite winter activities with kids
- Snow walks. Bodhi and I put on all of our warm gear and take snow walks either in a sled or just walking. We throw snow, talk, play, fall down and everything in between.
- Winter playground fun. I love taking Bodhi to the playground near our home in the winter. While some of the stuff is more dangerous (bridges without sides), it’s so much fun to slide down the big slide and land in a soft pile of snow. We also enjoy swinging with snow all around us if it’s not too cold.
- Sledding, tubing and more. Sledding is so much fun with a child and last year we had a small hill just from our snowplow service in our own backyard. It was the perfect size for Bodhi.
- Building a snowman or snow fort. Enough said. So fun!
- Baking holiday treats. Bodhi loves helping in the kitchen and I love baking and making holiday candies. We especially love sharing them. My grandma always makes plates of them for people living alone in her town which I think is so sweet. It hopefully brightens their day just a bit.
- Visiting Macy’s holiday display in Minneapolis and going to the Holidazzle Parade here in town. Love it!
But the best part of all for me is seriously just being at home with my guys in a festive and cozy home decorating our tree, laughing, playing, wrapping gifts, listening to holiday music and having lots and lots of dance parties. Oh, and we can’t forget having movie nights on Fridays with holiday classics. After all that fun, it’s nice to end the evening with a Hot Peppermint Mocha or Hot Peppermint Cocoa using Coffee-mate’s Peppermint Mocha creamer.
Seasonal flavors include:
Dark Chocolate Fudge — Rich, dark and indulgent like only chocolate fudge can be. Enjoy a cup of coffee that’s every chocolate lover’s dream come true.
Peppermint Mocha — Enjoy one of the season’s most popular flavors! Let the comfort of crisp peppermint and chocolatey mocha warm you up this holiday season.
Eggnog Latte — What would the holidays be without the flavor of Eggnog? Invite over some guests and prepare a holiday flavored latte for everyone on your list.
These delicious seasonal flavors are only available through December so get them while you can! Coffee-mate has more than 25 flavor options including dozens of new flavors, Seasonal flavors, fat free and sugar free varieties in both powder and liquid form. For all of the other parts of the year, I love and stick with Italian Sweet Cream and use it every single morning. My close friend enjoys adding Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate creamers to hot tea to make her own tea lattes as well. Such an easy fun way to make a regular drink a special one.
I am considering a coffee and cocoa bar at our Very Merry Cocktail Party this year and would love to include these seasonal flavors in cute creamer jars. How fun!
I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.