Winter in Minnesota has been incredibly cold this year. We haven’t had much snow at all compared to a typical winter, but the freezing temps and dry air have done a number on my skin and hair.
I love playing outside during every season. Whether it’s sledding, snow tubing or just going for a walk in the fresh air, winter doesn’t mean you have to be stuck inside.
My top five favorite activities are:
1. Snow walks. Simply going for a walk in the snow all bundled up is so much fun.
2. Tubing. I’m a woman who loves a roller coaster and generally am a thrill seeker.
3. Sledding. So easy but so fun. Even just pulling the kids is fun.
4. Playing on the snow pile at the back of our driveway. We have a long driveway so we end up with a pretty fun little hill right in our own backyard.
5. Making snow cones out of real snow. But be sure you only use the fresh stuff. :)
Temperatures might take a nosedive this time of year, but the moisture of your skin doesn’t have to.
Before spending the day outside playing with my kiddos, I’ve started using Vaseline Intensive Care™ Advanced Repair lotion on my hands and sometimes cheeks. My hands are definitely the driest between the cold winter air, running in and out of preschool and washing them constantly.
I keep a bottle right next to my sink so I remember to slather it on every chance I get.
The first layer of protection for cold weather? Your skin. Before you head into the cold, give it the proper moisturizing, healing treatment it needs to weather the coldest days of the year.
About Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Lotions
Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Lotions contain healing micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly to deeply moisturize to heal dry skin and is clinically proven to heal dry skin in 5 days.
Disclosure: I participated in this sponsored campaign on behalf of Vaseline® and One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
Outdoor photos by Melissa Oholendt Photography.