With two small children, I have never spent as much time outside in the summer as I have the last four years. Bodhi has always been an outside guy. He loves to play outside and life is so much easier outside.
Eating dinner outside means virtually no clean up. All of the toddler food messes can stay put. Everyone is happy. We all get fresh air and since we don’t get great weather as often as say, someone living in Florida, we tend to really appreciate spring and summer. Our outdoor spaces have to work for us because we want to be able to get outside and enjoy every single day.
Creating a beautiful outdoor space to enjoy Summer is huge. And finding easy ways to maintain spaces is so important. I recently discovered BEHR PREMIUM DECKOVER® Coating, which can help create those beautiful summer moments we all love. Using a 100% acrylic formula, using BEHR PREMIUM DECKOVER® Coating conceals cracks and splinters up to ¼” deep. with a splatter-resistant application. It’s available in 54 solid custom colors, and new in 2015, there will be additional limited color matching.
The result for sound wood and concrete surfaces is a rejuvenated, low maintenance deck that resists the elements, repels water and creates a smooth, slip-resistant finish that resists cracking and peeling against harsh weather conditions and is comfortable for bare feet.
Are you ready for Summer fun? You know we are. I have a few easy ways you can get outside this weekend.
Five fun ways to spend time outside this weekend
1. Host a potluck. You provide the grill and let your guests do the rest.
2. Host a popsicles and cocktail play date. Kids can play and enjoy a popsicle while the adults enjoy a mojito on the deck. Keep it that simple. Win win.
3. Picnic brunch. Fruit. Donuts. Hard-boiled eggs. Coffee in a thermos or even mimosas. Grab a blanket and head outside with your little ones. A picnic makes eating more fun.
4. Driveway Happy Hour. You’ve heard me talk about it many times, but hosting friends for a kid-friendly Driveway Happy Hour is a great way to start the weekend.
5. Pool party. And by pool, I really do mean the cheap inflatable pools that we all have. It’s still so much fun and the effort can be minimal. Serve ice cream and enjoy.
Spending time with friends and family outside in the summer is the best. There is virtually no clean up and kids enjoy it a lot. You are so much less likely to deal with spats or to hear “I’m bored” outside.
And if your porch, deck, patio or other spaces need a little facelift before you feel comfortable hosting, consider BEHR PREMIUM DECKOVER® Coating.
The BEHR PREMIUM DECKOVER® Coating formula creates a durable smooth coating to revitalize tired decks, patios, porches and pool decks (even when previously stained, with proper prep), and provides a budget friendly alternative to replacing your deck.
BEHR PREMIUM DECKOVER® Coating as the best product to bring new life to any old wood or concrete surface and is available at The Home Depot. It can be used on wood, composite and concrete surface like decks, railings, patios, porches, walkways, pool decks and even boat docks. And it can be used on horizontal or vertical surfaces, making it a good solution for many spaces.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BEHR®. The opinions and text are all mine.