This blog has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
I know it feels early, but Easter is actually only a little over a month away. It falls in late March rather than April this year, so I wanted to share some Easter basket inspiration as well as a simple, tasty and pretty adorable treat recipe you can create for your family or friends. Our Easter Recipe is truly easy too!
I decided to put together an early Easter basket for my grandma who will be visiting us in early March. I wanted to keep it simple, but include some fun little treats for her to have while she was our guest and a decoration to bring home to sit on her table.
She loves to color with Bodhi, so including a coloring book was a must. I love putting together little gifts for people and have found that even something small and simple can be so day brightening. Having this little basket on my grandma’s guest bed when she arrives will be so welcoming. Let’s share how we did it plus the easiest Easter Recipe that will impress.
Easter basket tutorial
- Choose a simple basket that could be used for other things.
- Throw in some faux grass, tissue paper or even fabric.
- Include something to do (coloring book), something to eat (little basket of M&M’s® Easter Sundae, but a DOVE® Solid Milk Chocolate Bunny would be cute too!), something fun (the decorative bunny for her house and something sweet (the surprise cupcake with our Easter Recipe on top). :)
I also put Starburst® Jellybeans in little plastic eggs.
No-bake Easter Nests Recipe
These can be eaten as is or make a pretty cute cupcake topper.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Dried coconut or “candy shreds” from the sprinkle aisle
- M&M’s® Easter Sundae or Starburst® Jellybeans
- Mix peanut butter, oats and honey together until doughy to create the nest or no-bake peanut butter “cookies.”
- Roll into balls and then make them into nest shaped cookies.
- Place on wax paper or parchment paper
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and put it in a little plastic baggie. Tie it and snip the end.
- Squeeze chocolate in the middle of your no-bake peanut butter “cookies.”
- Sprinkle dried coconut or sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Quickly place M&M’s® Easter Sundae or Starburst® Jellybeans on the nest to serve as your eggs.
- Enjoy as is or use as a cute cupcake topper.
All of these products can be found at Walmart in the Easter aisle.
You can find these and other great Easter Basket fillers such as Easter Mixed Brand Chocolates including SNICKERS®, DOVE®, M&M’s®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, 3 Musketeers® and Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate.
I love putting together Easter baskets for those I love and can’t wait to do a few more.
Thank you for supporting the fun and festive brands that make Live the Fancy Life possible.