It’s finally here! The easy no-sew DIY directions for making bow tie or hair bow party favors like we did for Bodhi’s first birthday party! I’ve had a lot of reader email and comment requests for this lately and I’m so sorry for the delay (yes, the 6 month delay!).
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 inch ribbon. We used green and white stripes and then teal with polka dots.
- 1/4 inch ribbon in complementary color. We used white.
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Hair clips like these for hair bows or clips like these for the bow ties and remove the badge holder. I was in a rush so bought these and cut off the danglers with a metal cutter. NOT EASY and not recommended.
- Cut 8.5 inch long strips of the thicker ribbon (cut the number of bow ties you need)
- Cut 2.5 inch strips of the quarter-inch ribbon
- Fold the ends of the ribbon to the back so that they meet
- Cinch it together with your hands. Create the look you want. I used three pleats in my bow ties.
- Tie the quarter-inch ribbon around making a knot in the back where the seam of the thicker ribbon is
- Turn it around and make sure you love it!
- Hot glue the clip to the back of the bow tie
- Done! Enjoy!
If you’d like all kinds of do-it-yourself goodness delivered to your inbox, subscribe to Live the fancy life to the right of this post!