This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SutterHomeForTheHolidays #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I hosted a fun party last week with some wonderful women. We enjoyed wine and cocktails from a build your own cocktail bar. One of my favorite mixes is Sutter Home Pink Moscato or Sutter Home Moscato combined with vanilla cranberry cider. It’s super easy to throw together vanilla cranberry cider and the vanilla makes it much less tart. Combine one liter cranberry juice cocktail, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 Tablespoons simple syrup. Of course, you can taste and add or subtract based on your own preference. Then simply mix with Sutter Home Pink Moscato or Sutter Home Moscato. Perfection!
I’ll be sharing the entire party soon, but today I wanted to share how I quickly and easily put together an easy DIY ornament crafting station for the party. While you could certainly make an ornament crafting party super elaborate, I chose to make it simple for me and easy for my guests to put together in minutes so they could mingle and enjoy other activities too including trying fun combinations at our cocktail bar.
Are you ready to see the SIMPLE ornament crafting station?
I wanted to create an ornament crafting station with tons of options so each guest could make an ornament unique to them and their personality. But I also wanted it to be fairly simple and not too messy since this was a fun night out for most of us.
How to put together an easy DIY ornament crafting station for your holiday party
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Pom pom balls
- Sequins and confetti
- Clear plastic ornaments (I bought a bulk pack of 24)
- Baker’s Twine
- Small gift bag (for your guest to take it home)
- Permanent markers
- Put items in jars and containers.
- Set out all items where guests can see them. I chose to put all of the gift bags on a table with the paint and baker’s twine. The rest of the items were on the table so guests could sit and craft.
- Spread things out so guests can reach. I included multiple of a few items so that guests at all spots at the table could reach.
- Let your guests know about the station and some of the fun options.
Options for ornaments
The options are obviously endless, but here are a few that we enjoyed.
- Pom pom balls and glitter ornaments
- Faux snow ornaments
- Abstract painting. Guests painted the inside of the ornament.
- Abstract paint plus fun words. You can write on the outside of the ornament with permanent markers.
- Some combo of all of the above. :)
Sutter Home wines is family owned, award-winning wines at an affordable price point. Sutter Home can make everyday occasions a little more special. We brought friends together with wine and dessert, but there are so many food pairings that might be perfect for your next gathering. Sutter Home’s 65 year history of providing award-winning California wines at affordable prices gives new wine users the confidence that every bottle of Sutter Home will deliver consistent product quality and superior value.
Beautiful images by Sabrina Reis Photography.