This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CompleteWithGlade #CollectiveBias
We just got a small patio in our backyard. The goal for us is simple. We want to live joyfully all summer long and spend hours outside with our boys.
We wanted a space that would allow us to relax, eat lunch outside and spend hours upon hours simply enjoying life in our backyard. Our backyard consists of our patio with a dining table, our driveway which is typically filled with kids and toys such as bubbles, scooters and balance bikes plus our playset. I have wanted to add a fun welcome type of sign to our outdoor decor for some time now.
I settled on creating an easy DIY welcome sign with a fun message. I chose “Hello.”
EASY DIY Sign for a playset or patio
- Wood letters (purchased from any craft store)
- Large piece of flat wood
- Spray paint
- Spray outdoor clear coat
- Cardboard box
- Strong wood glue
- Lay out your cardboard box in a well ventilated space.
- If you choose, spray paint your letters the color of your choice. We chose to go with a minty blue for this project, but a beautiful aqua, navy, yellow or white would all be lovely. Let dry
- Spray letters with outdoor clear coat. Let dry.
- Using wood glue, attach your letters to your surface. We considered attaching directly to the playset, but we failed, so instead chose to attach them to a thin piece of wood and now we can use the sign to welcome friends to the front, back or eventually hang it on the playset too.
- Place a heavy object on letters (I put a 24-pack of water bottles on it) for 3 hours and let dry.
- Spray the entire sign with outdoor clear coat.
- Hang using nails or screws that are appropriate for your surface and the weight of your sign.
This is a super easy way to add some fun to the playhouse or even to the front porch. We sat the sign on a kid chair near our patio for a fun bbq on Sunday night.
Other phrases I considered:
Good Vibes Only
Hey! Hi! Hello!
Let the wild rumpus begin!
Be kind and shine
Creating a playful, fun, joy-filled backyard is our goal. Creating a space that delights the senses is easy.
Incorporate taste by including lots of impromptu ice cream and fruit pops. I was inspired to create my backyard sign by the Glade® Hawaiian Breeze® and Glade® Lavender & Peach Blossom scents. Incorporate sight by adding cafe lights hanging overhead, plants and bright colored flowers and lastly with touch which can help people to feel relaxed with cozy chairs and foot stools.
I’ve found that having simple fun with my kids feels pretty magical and perfect. Having a place to eat dinner and play all day long on the weekends is a high priority for us and we finally have it (almost-still a few projects to do).
My favorite scents are definitely Lavender and Peach Blossom, which is relaxing lavender mixed with energizing peach for mellow motivation, and Hawaiian Breeze® which is basically like saying Aloha to an instant vacay. And you know I love Hawaii!
If you need me, I’ll be outside all summer long!
To stay connected, be sure to check out Glade® on social media.