I know this is SO delayed. I’m finally sharing the details of how I made things for Bodhi’s first birthday party. Here is a quick and easy dessert table backdrop tutorial that anyone can create! It took me about 30 minutes because I’m a perfectionist and kept moving the ribbons around. You could probably make it in 20 (if you’re not busy chasing your 1-year-old around). :) Read on for the details.
What you need:
- Ribbon in different colors ($1-$3 using coupons at Michaels)
- Large white foam board or other backdrop board ($7 at Axe Man in Minneapolis)
- Scrapbook paper-2 large sheets ($1-$4)
- Hot glue gun
I don’t have great photos with each step of this, but wanted to share how I made the backdrop for Bodhi’s birthday party dessert table step by step.
1. Tape ribbon to the back of the board, pull around the front and attach on the other side. It’s really that simple. The back looked bad, but the front was great. I used only thick solid colored ribbon, but you could certainly use different widths, patterns etc…
2. add a piece of double-sided tape to the middle of each ribbon to be sure it stays in place.
4. Attach the medallion using a hot glue gun.
5. Set it on your dessert table, attach it to the wall or set it on the floor depending on what you are doing.
Ta da! It’s done.
You can see it a bit closer here.
In the past I’ve done backdrops using the wall like I did for my friend Jana’s baby shower, but I think this cleaned it up more and made it feel even more professional. What do you think? Leave any questions in the comments and I’ll be sure to answer them.