We planned on getting a new bed someday, but assumed it would be a while. We still liked our old bed which you can see in photos from our old house. But, when the adorable Erin Cute as a Button bed at World Market went on sale and I found a coupon, we couldn’t resist. The timing was right so we made our move.
And we couldn’t be happier. See my Pinterest board for the plans. We think it looks lovely with our Anthropologie look-alike bedding from Target. We wanted an upholstered bed when we started planning our new room, but finding one on a smaller budget wasn’t the easiest task. This bed is typically $499 but is on sale now and you can get a 10% off coupon by joining the World Market Explorers program.
So, that’s what we did. For around $360 we got the entire bed with headboard, sideboards, cute little feet and footboard. At most other stores, you only get the headboard for this price.
We put it up right away. It brightens up the room so much and I’m already so inspired to do a bunch of projects in our room.
What’s to come?
- Paint side tables—what color do you think?
- Paint lamps, but keep shades-something a little unexpected and bold, I think.
- Add new hardware to side table-actually scored some beautiful crystal-looking ones at Anthropologie today for $2.95 on clearance!
- Paint dresser
- Paint Ikea Expedit bookshelf in our room
- Add new curtains
- Add a light fixture. We tried one from Lowes that I LOVED, but it was too low for the bedroom because our little guy tends to hang out with us and climb up and down the bed.