This blog has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
Valentine’s Day is just a few days away. While we don’t go all out as a couple for this day anymore, I love helping my son create his classroom Valentines and I LOVE spreading the love to family and friends. I put together a basket for a dear friend who is going through some challenging times. I wanted her to feel the love this Valentine’s Day.
While a store bought gift basket is always a good idea, I loved adding a “homemade” item with our Strawberry Sweetheart Dump Cake.
This gift basket is simple. It includes an American Greetings® Valentine’s Day card from me and one from Bodhi because he always wants to sign cards. I also included a pretty candle, a DOVE® Valentine’s Day tin because chocolates are always a good idea, pink tulips (think Spring Minnesota!), a heart printed out and framed, an inexpensive little cake stand and our special dessert.
Showing love and appreciation for Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be just focused on our significant others. Surprising friends and neighbors can be so much fun!
Strawberry Sweetheart Dump Cake Recipe
- Strawberry pie filling
- Fresh or frozen strawberries (optional)
- Strawberry cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- M&M’s® Strawberry
- Fill ramekins about 1/2 full with strawberry pie filling.
- Add fresh or frozen strawberries if you prefer a more fruit filled option. This makes it a little less sugary sweet.
- Spoon dry cake mix on top until you have the strawberry filling completely covered.
- Place pads of butter all across the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Add M&M’s® Strawberry to the top for decoration and great added flavor.
All of these products are available at Walmart.
I love creating fun little gifts for those I love. I have a friend who will be having her third baby soon and I can’t stop thinking of ideas for a little gift basket for her and her family. There are always fun ways to brighten someone’s day. These dump cakes are delicious and the easiest way to give someone a homemade treat. And flowers are never a bad idea!
Thank you for supporting the delicious brands that make Live the Fancy Life possible.