This is a sponsored post from Plaid and Blueprint Social. I received materials and compensation to create a project using Mod Podge. All blog post content and opinions are my own.
Since moving to our new home, I love outdoor decorating for Halloween. We always hang a fall wreath, put lots of pumpkins on our porch and today, I added a fun little door hanger using Mod Podge Outdoor and Folk Art Paints.
Mod Podge Outdoor is just as great as regular Mod Podge with some added benefits. It is a waterbase sealer, glue and finish that lets you decoupage for the outdoors.
I also received a product called Stiffy which allows you to create permanent fabric projects quickly and easily. I didn’t use it today, but plan to for Christmas.
- Wooden door hanger (available at most craft stores)
- Mod Podge Outdoor
- Paint brush or Mod Podge brush
- Paper of your choice.
- Small wooden letters (available at most craft stores)
- Small paint brush
- Folk Art Paint in your favorite color
- Wood glue
- Using a paint brush or Mod Podge brush, paint a thin layer of Mod Podge Outdoor on one side of the door hanger.
- Place the door hanger paint-side down on the back of the paper. Be sure that the printed side faces out.
- Flip over and smooth out the paper. Make sure there are no bubbles between the paper and the door hanger.
- Trim the paper so that only about 3/4 of an inch is remaining around the door hanger.
- Paint a thin layer of glue on the back side of the door hanger.
- Fold the paper on the back starting with the long sides. Be sure to flatten.
- Wrap the bottom end like a gift. Smooth out.
- Begin folding the top on the edge closest to the long side in small folds if you are using a curvy door hanger. If flat, wrap like a gift.
- Cut a plus sign in the middle of the door hanger circle.
- Fold back each section of the paper and glue flat.
- Flip over and let dry.
- Lay out your letters to be sure they fit on the door hanger.
- Paint each wooden letter in your word. Let dry.
- Once dry, using wood glue, glue the letters on the door sign.
- Let dry.
- Paint the entire door hanger with Mod Podge Outdoors.
- Let dry and hang on door.