As you know, baby number two could arrive at any point now. His due date is technically Monday, but according to my midwife, he could come anytime in the next two weeks. It’s such an exciting time in our house, but it’s also a little hard to plan for things. I’ve been trying to keep our refrigerator stocked, house clean, laundry done etc… in case he decides to come, but I also know that this could go on for a bit and that’s just fine. We are savoring our last days as a family of three.
One of my big concerns is making sure my hubby has a wonderful Father’s Day. He could care less, to be honest. He loves just hanging out at home, enjoying a huge homemade breakfast and playing outside. I could do basically nothing and he would be happy, but I have a little man who doesn’t agree.
Bodhi LOVES a celebration. Mother’s day was incredibly fun for him to plan and shop with daddy and he told me all of my gifts before the big day, out of excitement. It was so cute! He is really enjoying planning Father’s Day too, but to be sure my husband gets a great day, we decided to have an early Father’s Day celebration on our porch with Cold Stone Creamery.
And the fun part?! It was a “daddy and me” celebration. No mama included (other than for set-up and photo purposes).
Here is what we did:
- Made a cute simple banner that says “Best Dad Ever” which my husband truly is! But it blew away. Hey, that’s real life there.
- Set out our little patio table on the porch to welcome him home from work one night this week with a wrapping paper table runner, two cute plates, napkins, forks and cups with big fun straws.
- Set out a plant pot for decor, his gifts, a photo of my two guys, a couple of Father’s Day cards and dessert of course!
- My husband is a huge fan of ice cream. He doesn’t love cake, so ice cream cake is like the best thing ever! And B thinks it’s pretty fantastic too. Cold Stone Creamery has a special cake just for dads this Father’s Day season. Tall, Dark & Delicious is layers of moist Devil’s Food Cake, Sweet Cream Ice Cream with Brownies & Chocolate Ice Cream with OREO® Cookies wrapped in fluffy White Frosting and cascading Fudge Ganache. AMAZING! Seriously, amazing! Don’t worry. You’ll have a chance to win one for yourself below. :)
- Served a fun beverage with oversized straws, of course.
- B and daddy sat out on the porch and enjoyed ice cream cake (before dinner, I may add).
- That’s it. On actual Father’s Day, we’ll make breakfast and spend the day outside but wanted my husband to feel special as let’s be real! The baby is definitely going to change things a bit this year if he is here by then.
To put together your own little Father’s Day fun, order your Father’s Day cake online at coldstonecakes.com.
Now the question he’s been asking is “When is Kids day?” Lucky for B, my hometown actually has a celebration each summer called “Kid Day” and while he may not get to go this year, he probably will next year. My husband giggles and always tells him that “everyday is kids day buddy.” Ha!
But, if you need some help planning Father’s Day or “Kids day” we might be able to help you out. We have a fun giveaway. Ready?!
Cold Stone Creamery is giving away TWO gift cards for $25 at any Cold Stone location in the United States. This is the perfect giveaway just in time for hot summer days and delicious cool treats! Just use the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win by Monday, June 9 at noon CST.
And, be sure to follow Cold Stone on Instagram for more ice cream goodness.
Happy early Father’s Day to my love! We can’t wait to celebrate you on the real day too.
I received product and compensation from Cold Stone Creamery. All opinions are my own.